" Incredible technique married with captivating emotional depth.
Lauded as one of today's probing musical voices infused with searing virtuosity, Nancy Zhou is the winner of the 2018 Shanghai Isaac Stern Violin Competition. With a robust online presence that seeks to invigorate appreciation for the art and science of the violin, her thoughtful musicianship resonates with a global audience in such a way that brings her on stage with leading orchestras around the world.
Making her orchestral debut at the age of 13 with her hometown orchestra, the San Antonio Symphony, Nancy went on to collaborate with the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra, Finnish Radio Symphony, St. Petersburg Philharmonic, Munich Symphony, Shanghai Symphony Orchestra, Kansas City Symphony, San Diego Symphony, Padua Chamber Orchestra, among others. Upcoming engagements include performances with the China Philharmonic, Hangzhou Philharmonic, Sichuan Symphony, National Taiwan Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra of Perugia, Naples Philharmonic, and the IRIS Orchestra. She has collaborated with conductors such as Jaap van Zweden, Sakari Oramo, Eun Sun Kim, Christoph Poppen, Jean-Jacques Kantorow, Michael Stern, Darrell Ang, Jurjen Hempel, Muhai Tang, Sebastian Lang-Lessing, Guy Braunstein, and Ken-David Masur.
Alongside undertaking projects as a soloist, Nancy holds interest in chamber music and providing guidance to young musicians. As a collaborator, she has performed at the Verbier Festival, Ravinia Festival, Tongyeong Music Festival, Festpiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Festival de Coimbra, the Marvão Festival, with upcoming performances at the Paganini Genova Festival. In 2017, she was invited by the Encore Chamber Music Festival to serve as guest artist and faculty member. She is a regular guest educator in Taiwan, holding masterclasses at various institutions and conducting private classes. Since the spring of 2020, Nancy devotes time to a private online studio, teaching a number of students across the globe and presenting public group classes on fundamental training and cultivating mindful awareness.
Born in Texas to Chinese immigrant parents, Nancy began the violin under the guidance of her father. She went on to study with Miriam Fried at the New England Conservatory while pursuing her interest in literature at Harvard University. She is as well an Associated Artist of the Queen Elisabeth Chapel, where she studied with Augustin Dumay.
2022/23 season. Not to be altered without permission.
Download BIO - Chinese 中文簡體
VIRTUOSITY MATCHED BY TONAL FLEXIBILITY AND A STRENGTH AND BEAUTY THAT CREATES CHILLS.
L I V E
- Mon, Jun 05AustinMasterclasses and recital, ft. works by Bach, Ysaÿe, Corigliano, Prokofiev.
- Sat, Jul 29Sandy Springs Performing Arts CenterProgram TBC.
- Fri, Aug 04Querétaro, MexicoAstor Piazzolla, arr. Leonid Desyatnikov - Las Cuatro Estaciones Porteñas
- Fri, Sep 08Quito, EcuadorJean Sibelius - Violin Concerto, op. 47
- Wed, Nov 01Livorno, ItalyAlexey Shor - Violin Concerto, "Phantasms"
- Sun, Nov 05New Braunfels, TXW. A. Mozart - Violin Concerto no. 5, "Turkish"
- Sun, Nov 26Chieti, ItalyFeaturing works by Robert Schumann, L.v. Beethoven, Sergei Prokofiev, and Alexey Shor.
- Fri, Dec 29Shenzhen Concert HallP.I. Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto, op. 35
- Mon, Jan 01Zhongshan, ChinaP.I. Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto, op. 35
- February 2023LisbonFeaturing works by Ladislav Grinski, Samuel Schuijer, Siegfried Fall.
More dates to be
Performance dates will be published
as they are announced by the